My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New year, new goals!

Happy New Year!  YAY...we made it to 2013!

With that, I reflect on my running in 2012 (briefly).  I set a goal to run 700 miles...I ran 720!  By the way, when I set that, I had no idea nor even a positive thought that I would get there!  Run at least one half marathon...I ran 4!  Run a sub 30 5K...29:42!  FABULOUS!  I couldn't have asked for more.  Really, I couldn't!

Now 2013 is here and I try to think of ways to top the year I just had.  I put a lot of thought into this and here is what I came up with.  1.  Run 1000 miles.  That is 280 miles more than this year.  Holy cow!  But I think I could do it with the right mix of determination and support.  2.  Run a marathon.  Although I have run two 17 mile training runs, they were anything but easy.  Although I question if there is any way I can make it, in the back of my head I hear "it's now or never".  So now it is!  3.  Run a sub 29 5K.  This, believe it or not, is the scariest of the 3 for me.  My 29:42 pushed me to my breaking point.  I am not fast (remember the title of the blog...notsofastmomma?).  But if you don't continue to push yourself, you'll get nowhere.  I want to get somewhere.  That somewhere is sub 29.

I'm very excited and apprehensive about these goals.  It's all good.  I'll keep you posted!  By the way, I ran a mile today (I know JUST a mile?) but nonetheless, I am down to 999 to go!  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment