My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Recovery...slow and steady!

So, I had surgery last Monday (5/12) and recovery has gone a little slower than I had anticipated.  Most of the pain is now gone, but my stomach has not been happy.  I've been limited bland foods because anything else makes my stomach go haywire!  Ugh!

I think (I hope) I am turning the corner with that.  I took my son out for dinner last night at Texas Roadhouse.  It was a fundraiser for a cousin that has Prader-Willi syndrome and Friday is Brady's birthday so I thought "why not?"  Looked at the menu and knew I couldn't eat most so I went with the veg plate.  Here was my order:  salad (no cheese or egg) with honey mustard on the side, fresh veggies, sweet potato (cinnamon butter on side) and Apple sauce.  Barely used the dressing or butter and I really do mean that.  It was good.  Best thing?  My belly didn't get upset!

Today, I feel pretty good.  I might head out for a short run/walk to see how it goes.  First exercise since I ran the Pittsburgh relay on 5/4.  That's when I got sick.  I'm ready to get back to it.  I'm ready to reach for my goals.  I'm ready to prepare for the MCM and Dopey challenge.  Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment