My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Finally...back to blogging!

So, finally our computer is repaired and I can blog once more. So sorry it has been so long. It seems like my last post was forever ago. Tomorrow is the Pittsburgh half marathon. It's the race that I have been yearning to run! The race my friends have talked about, all around the city, the race with people cheering you on everywhere...oh, I can't wait! So excited, but every once in a while, I get this "oh my gosh" nervous feeling. It comes out of nowhere. Last Saturday was our last long run. It was one of my worst! Ughhh...I think it was more mental than physical. I got up thinking I did not want to run. I think my body is just fatigued. I hope it doesn't feel that way tomorrow. I really was struggling on that last long run. Our time was bad, I felt bad...you get the idea. Tomorrow, however, everything I trained for is coming together. Joanne, her sister and I are headed to the expo here in a couple of hours. We will pick up our packets, maybe buy a couple of things and just have a good time! Tomorrow, the race starts at 7:30. What does that mean? It means we will be getting up very, very early to make it down there with time to spare so we are not freaking out! Joanne or possibly her sister will be driving, so luckily I do not need to worry about driving tomorrow. I just need to worry about waking up on time. Funny, but I don't think that will be a problem. I'm thinking I'll be up half the night with nerves anyway. Everything is ready to go. My outfit is picked, including socks. My ipod is charged. I have my gu chomps and water bottle together. I think I am ready to go! I will give you all of the details of the race tomorrow. Until then...pray for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment