My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Saturday, August 4, 2012

My new kicks!

I've always run in the same shoe...Brooks Ghosts.  I LOVE THEM!  They really know how to treat my feet and feel great.  In the year and a half I have been running (and been through several pairs of Brooks), I only got one blister the whole time.  So, I really can't complain about them, EXCEPT...I am a neutral runner and Brooks shoes for neutral runners (at least the ones that I have seen) aren't very, well, colorful.  And I am a colorful type of person!

So, I went out looking for new kicks.  Not because of the colorful aspect, but because my Brooks had over 300 miles on them and my knees were starting to ache after my runs.  Not hurt, but ache.  A couple people suggested looking into new shoes.  I went down to my local running store (Up-N-Running which I LOVE!) and talked to Ed about my knees and he agreed that I should invest in new shoes.  Something about the fibers breaking down...blah, blah, blah.  All I know is that I heard that I should get new shoes, so that's enough to not feel guilty about telling my husband that I spent over $100 on shoes.  He's kind of frugal!

Walked over to the shoes and said that I need something kind of flashy and colorful.  Corey set me up nicely.  First, I tried some Asics.  Bright orange and yellow.  Nice!  Problem is they kept sliding on the back of my foot when I ran.  But I knew a size down would be too tight.  Next up, Mizunos.  I tried 2 pairs...a purple pair was first.  Loved them!  They felt great running, very comfortable and fit me well.  They next pair was bright orange with one of those air pocket type heels.  You know the one I mean.  Anyway, I didn't like how it felt when I ran.  Although comfortable, the heel bugged me.  I knew the purple ones were just what I needed...flashy, colorful, fun and COMFORTABLE!

My new Mizuno Wave Runners and I will be hitting the road in about 30 minutes to begin our relationship.  I can't wait!  I still have a love for Brooks, I do.  Maybe I'll have room for both in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment