My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Monday, February 13, 2012

Back on track

Last week was crazy for me with the planning of Saturday's huge school fundraiser.  It threw all of my running and additional workouts off a little, so I really didn't get in the miles I think I needed to.  I did, however, finish the week strong (my week is from Mon-Sun) with a 6.05 mile run on the treadmill yesterday.  I feel pretty good about that.  What I didn't feel good about is that I hadn't worked out since Friday.  And it wasn't just because I was busy.  We were supposed to have our long run on Saturday, but it was SNOWING a lot and very, very windy.  So we decided to bag it.  Weather was definitely an issue.

This week, I plan on getting back on track.  I hope to work out at least 5 days this week with about 15-20 miles of running.  It's still quite cold out today and since I did a long run yesterday afternoon, I probably will just ride the bike today for about 30 minutes or so.  The bike isn't quite as hard on my legs or knees and I am sure they will appreciate the break.  I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

The fundraiser is behind me.  It was GREAT in more ways than one!  Now starts the church fish fries for the next 7 weeks. But at least I'll have most of my days back.  The fundraiser just took so much of my time and energy.  I was truly exhausted last week.  I think I'm starting to get my energy back.  Yep...it's time to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment