My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A little pep in my step!

So this not so fast momma had a nice short run today!  I decided I would head out for a short one mile run today with one goal:  Break 10 minutes.  I know, that might seem like a joke to some that are quick runners, but to me, it's no joke!  I haven't been under 10 minutes since before my lyme disease.  That was the end of June.  And I was only that fast because I focused on speed work for a 2K for weeks.  Right now I am focusing on endurance more than speed for the 1/2 marathon.  But today...today was a great day!  I ran my mile in 9:36!  Woo-hoo!  I was so excited!

Actually, I'm still on a little high.  So, you know that the next time I try for the mile time trial, it has to be under 9:30, right?  That's just the way it works for me.  I'm always wanting to get better.

Back to the 1/2 marathon.  It's coming up soon.  7 1/2 weeks to be exact!  Holy cow!  When I think about it, I actually get really nervous and tend to doubt myself.  But I know my friends will pull me across the finish line.  My running buddy, Joanne, is so encouraging to me when we run.  I think she can always tell when I need to hear, "you're doing great!" because she seems to say it at just the right time.  I know she will be there waiting for me along with my other friends cheering me on.  It's going to be a great day! 

I'm not looking to finish the 1/2 in any specific time.  I just want to finish.  And I want to finish strong!  Hopefully, the hard work and training will pay off.  I'm sure it will and it will be an accomplishment that I never would have imagined.  I'm a runner now...how about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment