My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The good with the bad

So yesterday proved to be good in some ways and bad in some ways.  The good was that I was able to get my run in and did pretty well.  It was a nice day, although VERY windy with gusts of 30 miles an hour, but I was able to get in 3 miles at 32 minutes.   Totally happy with that.  So I was thinking to myself that this wasn't going to be such a bad day.  But I was wrong.

Not sure what happened.  My dog had surgery which I was prepared for, but when she got home, she just looked so sad.  It broke my heart.  And then that stupid cone she has to wear.  She bumped into so much and looked at me almost begging to take that thing off.  Again, it broke my heart.  Then I broke a present my son got.  Not on purpose...I tripped over it.  It was only a month old and cost $160.  Crap!  Are you kidding me?  We just had to pay the deductible for my husband's auto accident, the surgery for my dog, the school tuition (my kids go to a Catholic school) and now this!  I just sat there and cried!  My daughter came over and tried to console me a little bit.  Barely had time to scarf down some dinner as I had a meeting and the whole breaking of the gift happened at about 5:30.   Ugh! 

However, at the meeting, some of my friends told me to return the item that broke to the store that it had to be defective.  I will try to do that before I panic.  If they take it back, I will be SOOOO happy. 

I slept in the living room with the dog last night just because I was worried about her.  So needless to say I did not get much sleep at all!  I am very tired today.  Not sure I'll get a run in.  If I don't, I'll go and workout with my neighbor and then run tomorrow.  Hopefully, today will be all good and no bad.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment