My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Holy cow...I'm still running!

In January 2011, I told myself I wanted to run a 5K.  I did that just so I could prove to myself that I could do it.  I wanted to complete something athletic before I turned 40.

I would never have told you prior to me running that I am an athlete.  Sure, I played volleyball in high school for 2 years.  But I wasn't great at it.  I'm much better at it now.  I am not a natural athlete.  If I want to do something athletic, I have to work really, really hard at it.  My husband is a natural athlete.  He could probably play almost any sport.  Not me!

Don't get me wrong...I love playing sports.  I just find it fun.  I'm not great at many sports, but I am kind of competitive.  OK...I'm really competitive.  I like to win.  So it's funny that I run, because I am not fast (hence the name of my blog).  I'll never win at running.  Never.  There are just soooo many people out there who are much, much faster than me.  But I'm ok with that.  I am.  I'm just proud of myself for doing it.

Today, while I was running on the dreadmill I realized that holy cow...I'm still running!  I think when I said I was going to run a 5K, I figured I would run it and be done.  But not so.  I've run several 5Ks and a 10K and I'm registered for 2 half marathons this year.  I'm still running!  The girl who was never athletic is an athlete.  Who would've believed that?  Not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment