My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Monday, February 6, 2012

The stress of it all!

So this week is a really stressful week.  My friend, Kathy, and I are in charge of the school's biggest fundraiser.  The fundraiser is a reverse raffle which is being held on Saturday night.  Not only is it a reverse raffle, but we have many other things going on that night as well.  A chinese auction, silent auction and a live auction.  It's a great night filled with a lot of fun and excitement!

BUT...it's a lot of work to plan.  I'm sure I'll be at the school every day this week, as well as several nights.  So needless to say, I'm a little stressed.  So to get rid of some of that stress, I decided to go for a run today.  Horrible idea!  Everything felt bad, especially on my left side.  I have this big toe issue that has been bothering me for about a month now.  Not sure what is going on, but it hurts.  Not all of the time, but through most of my runs.  Then my left hamstring and calf were really tight as well.  UGH!  So, it wasn't my best run.  Good thing I forgot my watch.  I think my time would've been HORRIBLE!  I did end up doing 3.2 though.

I felt a little bit bad when I came in after that run because I knew it wasn't such a great run.  So to make up for it, I rode the bike for just over 5 miles.  It felt much better on my body and I felt better knowing that I did a little more.  And wouldn't you know, I forgot about everything that needed done for the fundraiser.  My mind was clear, if for just a short while.  I love exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment