My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Monday, February 27, 2012

How great it feels...

Went on my weekly long run yesterday.  Typically, we go on Saturday, but we rescheduled because the weather was HORRIBLE on Saturday!  Who wants to run 9+ miles in 20-30 mile an hour winds and snow showers?  NOT ME!  Luckily, my running buddy texted me Friday night asking if we should reschedule.  What a great decision it turned out to be!

Usually, we run a pretty hilly route.  But yesterday, we decided to venture to the trail.  It's good to give yourself a change of scenery every now and again and give your body a different kind of run.  It was a beautiful day.  The sun was shining and it was mid 40s.  I like to call that perfect running weather.  We walked to the trail from my house.  It's only about .4 of a mile.  And then the run began.

We were really keeping a nice pace.  I could tell we were pushing it a bit more.  Not sure if that was because it was beautiful or because we were on the trail, but we definitely pushed a bit.  This was a long run, but when you have good conversation, it really isn't that bad.  We talked about all different kind of things.  Kids, running, husbands, books, food, etc.  It made us focus on other things besides the fact that we had 9 miles to run.

In the end, we ran 9.33 miles in 1:41!  It ended up being a 10:51/mile pace.  I love that!  Last week, we ran 8.17 miles in 1:36.  So we took off a lot of time for a longer run.  So, so proud of us.  It feels great!  Only 4 more miles to add for the half marathon.  It will be here in less than 5 weeks.  I can't believe it!  But this run certainly gave me some confidence...so glad we rescheduled because I know our time in the bad weather wouldn't have touched this and I really needed a good run.  And I got one. How great it feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment