My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Thursday, March 22, 2012

9 days and counting

Oh my!  I can't believe my first 1/2 marathon is in 9 days!  9 DAYS!  That is just crazy!

I know that day I am going to be super nervous.  There is no way to get around it.  Luckily, though, I have offered to pick my friends up so we can go together.  First, I will be driving, so I will have to focus on the road rather than the race.  Second, my friends have run a 1/2 before and they are so stinkin' funny, they will make me laugh the whole way down.

I know that I can make it.  Last week, when we ran the 12 miles, I could've added another 1.1 no problem.  I know I could have!  Not that I wasn't tired, not that I wasn't hurting, but I could've done it.  I'm going to try to remember that when I am on the way to the race. 

I am not going to be running for any certain goal time.  I have heard that is not a smart thing to do in any first race.  Do I have a time in my head of where I think I will be?  YES.  Will I be upset if I don't hit that time?  NO.  I will be estatic just to finish.  I know I will cry.  I'll cry out of happiness, out of exhaustion and out of realizing I accomplished something in my life I never thought I would.  I can't believe I am running in a half marathon.  I just can't believe it.

I have trained so hard.  I never waivered in my training.  I stuck to it when it was snowing, windy, cold...it didn't matter.  When I had to run, I ran.  I have added biking for cross-training and have added miles and miles as well as muscle by riding.  I can't wait!  I can't wait to complete the race.  9 days can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment