My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Friday, March 30, 2012

Tomorrow's the day!

I can't believe it's here!  Tomorrow at this time, I will be getting lined up to run my half marathon.  All the months of training, exhaustion, and hard work come down to this.  I am so excited, but SO nervous!

I was on dailymile this morning and asked if anyone had any last minute advice for me.  Someone said something which will stick with me.  He said "let the race come to you".  I never thought of it that way, but what a good way of looking at it.  We often get so wrapped up in the "race" that really if we just do what we had been doing all along, the race will just be there.  We would be running the race instead of the race running us.  What a concept!  I am going to try to think about that tomorrow.

I think that I have said it before.  I know that I have trained well.  I have never changed my training or missed training.  I stuck it out no matter what the weather or how I felt.  I really, really want to do well tomorrow.  But first and foremost, I want to finish.  I am going to start out running with my friend Beth.  She has done this several times before and I think if I stick with her, I won't give into the adrenaline and go out too fast.  I know that is the key!  With 13 miles to go, I cannot go out too fast.   If I can keep a consistent pace the first half, I am hoping to increase my speed a little in the second half and hopefully have a good bit for the last mile.  That's my plan.  But I know that plans often get changed.  Whatever it is, it is.  I just want to finish.

I know I will be emotional.  I've cried several times just thinking about it.  I told my friends that the other day and they agreed.  They've all been there.  They've had that overwhelming feeling of finishing something you've worked so hard for.  I'll be there.  In just over 24 hours.  Oh my! 

No comments:

Post a Comment