My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's coming!

The half marathon that is!  I can't believe it's on Saturday.  Oh my!  I am so excited right now.  Much more excited than nervous, but I know come Friday night/Saturday morning, I will be much more nervous than excited.

On Saturday, we ran a short (haha) 8.25 miles.  In the rain.  Sometimes the pouring rain.  And guess what?  I liked it!  I really did enjoy myself on that run.  I started with a light jacket on over a running tank, but ended up taking it off about mile 2 1/2.  I did buy a hat at the running store before we left on our run and I was so glad I did!  It kept the rain out of my face.  My friend, Beth, forgot her hat and she was complaining that her eyes were burning from the sweat mixed with the rain dripping in her eyes.  I'm sure that hat will come in handy for me many times.

I have decided to run each of my miles for someone during the half marathon.  I asked some of my family/friends to choose a mile.  I read this in a book (although they were doing the full marathon) and thought it was a great idea.  I figured if anything, it would keep my mind focused on who I am running for that mile, even for just a little bit.  Of course, the last .1 I am running for me!

So, it's taper week.  Not much running going on this week.  It actually feels kind of strange.  I only ran 2 miles yesterday and did an hour of yoga last night.  I'll run again tomorrow and then that will be it until Saturday.  I am going to ride the bike today and possibly for a bit on Thursday.  Hopefully, my legs will be fresh, rested and ready to go on Saturday!  I really can't believe it's almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment