My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Monday, March 12, 2012

Sometimes it just feels good...

Friday night, I was exhausted from working at our church fish fry.  We were very crowded and I was on my feet and running around for several hours.  I was a little worried how my long run would fare come morning.  We had an 8 mile run planned.

I had learned from the last 3 weeks of fish fries to not eat fish the night before my long run.  I found that my stomach was all upset the next morning during my run.  Not to mention I felt very sluggish.  So this week, I tried something different.  When I got back from working, I just had a bowl of raisin bran.  I knew I had to eat something, but it was about 8 pm and didn't want too much.

Next morning, I woke up and had my usual Nugo bar and cup of coffee and then got ready to head out the door to meet my running buddies.  I could tell the difference in my stomach from the moment I got up.  I had made the right decision avoiding eating fish that late and before my long run.  Started on our 8 mile run and felt awesome!  This was the best I had felt in weeks.  I felt great the entire run.  Of course, it didn't hurt that the weather cooperated.  It was sunny and in the low 20s.  Cold but hardly any wind and sunny, so I can't complain.

I don't know if it was the food that made me feel so good during that run or all of the training or the wonderful company that I had that day.  All I know is that I felt great and sometimes it just feels good...I love those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment