My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Too much or just right?

I have struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life.  When I was in elementary school, I was definitely "chubby".  My father would tell you I was fat, although he didn't do anything to help me not be fat.  I'd lose weight, gain weight, lose weight, gain weight, etc...you know the deal, the yo-yo dieter.  That started at a very young age.

I am pretty happy with my body.  Note the word "pretty".  I have been at the weight I am at now for about 9 months or so.  It's been constant, fluctuating just like any weight does because of excess water weight and stuff like that.  I really wish I could be about 5 pounds lighter, but not sure that is in the cards.  Currently, I am 5'5 and weigh around 133-135.  That's where it is almost EVERY day.  I was hoping to be 130 or so. 

I workout faithfully about 6 times a week.  I said to Kip the other day, "I can't believe I haven't lost any more weight.  I workout more than I ever have...you would think it would be flying off me."  Really...I think I should have lost a little bit.  I know,  however, I am in the best physical condition of my life.  That number just gets me.  I should throw out the scale I think.  Granted, I don't eat perfect.  I certainly have a cookie or two but believe me, I don't overdo it.  And I think for the amount of work I do, I should be allowed to eat a little junk.  There might be the problem. 

Kip has a different take on it.  He seems to think it's because I am not eating often enough.  He says I might not be getting enough calories and I should eat smaller meals.  That's hard to do.  I find it to be tough when I am running around all of the time.

I have also mentioned to Kip that I would like to join a gym when Nicholas goes to kindergarten in the fall.  I LOVE to exercise, but I am very limited on what I can do here at the house.  Maybe I need to shock my body with some different exercises.  Who knows?  If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. 

Maybe my weight shouldn't be a concern.  My BMI is good after all.  In the end, maybe I don't weigh too much...maybe I'm just right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment