My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Finally, a feel good workout!

As you might have picked up from some of my recent posts, my confidence in my running was wavering.  I really needed a distance run that I could feel good about.  Today, I did that!  FINALLY!

After doing a bunch of housework, laundry and grocery shopping, I made the decision to go to my inlaws (a big thank you to them for allowing me to use their treadmill whenever I need to) and run on the treadmill.  I told myself 6...I need to get to 6 miles.  So I got situated, got the extra mile podcast going on the ipod and I began.  I felt great!  I actually couldn't believe how good I felt today while running.  It had been a long time since I felt that good.  I wanted to take it slow and just worry about the distance, not the time.  12:00/mile is where I wanted to be and I came in just under that.  I ran 6 in 1:11:15.  It really was a good run.  So happy! :)

This was my first time working out to a podcast.  I really enjoyed it.  I found the time went by really quickly because I was listening to the interview with Jeff Galloway, the advice and everything else.  I think I'm going to download the next one for my next long run.  I ran longer than the podcast, but it was a good 45 minutes long.  My music kicked in after that!  This run was just what I needed.  Yep...it was a good day!  Tomorrow will be even better though because my little guy turns 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment