My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Next time...I'm getting those hills

So I went out for my run today.  Wanted to do somewhere between 3 and 4 miles and decided on my usual 3.2 which I use when I am looking for that distance.  This 3.2 is a somewhat hilly course.  Not all of it, but it does have several hills that can kick you in the butt!  The worst of the hills is at the very end.   I dread that hill...actually it's 2 in a row.  One shorter one, then it flattens out for about 10-20 strides or so and onto the longer, steeper one.  I start thinking about those hills when I hit the halfway point and turn around to come back home.  I hate that I do that to myself, but I do!

So anyway...today I tried not to think about it too much. (Of course, I did think about it but I certainly tried not too!)  I was having a pretty good run, I felt good and really thought I could do it this time.  That is what I thought at the beginning of the first hill as it flattened out, I was getting tired, sore and those negative thoughts started getting going in my mind.  Made it about 1/2 way up the second hill and I stopped and walked for about 20 steps or so and then started the run again.  Ughhh!  Those stupid negative thoughts kill me every time.  Next time, I will not have it!  I will make it up both of the hills.  I will!  Those hills will not get the best of me anymore.

All in all, it was a good run today.  Not too bad...35:46.  It worked out the 11 min/miles.  I'm happy with that!  I have another run tomorrow and then a long one with the group on Saturday.  I will probably try to take on the double hill on Monday.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment