My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A little of everything

So this is going to be a mixed bag.  I'm exhausted today.  I actually fell asleep for a little while at about 7:30 or so...pretty pathetic, right?  My husband and I went out last night to a reverse raffle and we were big LOSERS, but we had a great time with our friends!  Didn't fall asleep until about 1 and was up at 6:30ish to get ready for 8 am mass.  Then today I went to the open house our school was holding and then for 3 hours of bowling with the cub scouts.  Fun, yes!  Tiring, yes!  That could explain my exhaustion.

On a good note, I went for my long run yesterday with Joanne at a group run my favorite running store, Up-N-Running, was holding.  It was a nice morning to run.  About 32 or so, cloudy, not too windy.  We wanted to run between 6 and 7 miles and we did.  We came in at 6.2 miles in 1:11.  I was happy with that because I don't really worry about time on long runs.  It's all about building endurance.  What I was really happy with is that this is only the 2nd time I've gone on this group run.  The first time, the hills kicked my butt!  I was actually kind of dreading going this time because of how many hills there were.  But I felt MUCH better this time!  I think because I was mentally prepared for them.  I still didn't make it up that last, very long, hill, but I came closer.  Next time, I'll conquer that hill.  It will not win!  But until then, I'm satisfied.

On another note, I'm hungry.  I'm trying not to think about it because I know if I go and eat something, I'm not going to be satisfied with something healthy.  But I'll try to choose healthy over non-healthy.  I'll try...if I eat anything at all.  I'll let you know what I chose to do tomorrow.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment