My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Saturday, January 14, 2012

No snowy road running for me!

So today I was supposed to run 6 miles with my friend, Joanne.  We run with a group from a local running store on Saturdays in our training for the Pittsburgh half marathon.  But it snowed yesterday and last night and when I woke up this morning, I looked outside and thought, "there is no way I am going to run on this today and risk hurting myself!"  Soooo...I sent Joanne a message (as of yesterday she said she was still going) and told her I was out.  Then I went back to bed.  I felt a little guilty, I have to admit!

Soon after I got a message from Joanne saying her hubby came in from getting the newspaper and said the roads were snow covered so she was not running either.  Phew!  She said she was secretly hoping I'd have the same reaction she did when she got out of bed.  Glad I didn't let her down.

Now that's not to say that I get off without running.  I have to run!  When you have already registered for an event, you can't let up.  So, I will have to go to my inlaws to run on their treadmill (by the way, I HATE running on the treadmill).  But I'm glad they have one because I do not have a membership to the gym.  I would like a membership, but don't have one YET!  Hopefully I will convince my hubby sometime this year.  Until then, I'll call up my inlaws and ask them if I can use their workout facility.  They have yet to say no. 

6 miles, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment