My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Friday, January 13, 2012

I love food!

So I have been eating too much lately.  Not necessarily bad foods, but too much.  I seem to get hungry every couple of hours and, well, I love food!

I'm part Italian.  I grew up with an Italian grandma who had food out every time anyone visited.  She'd tell me on the phone to come over and we would have some coffee "and."   What followed "and" was whatever she had in the house.  Cookies, candy, cake, bread...that's what you had with your coffee.  And then she'd offer you some leftovers of some kind.  Are you hungry? she'd ask.  How about some cavatelli?  How about some chicken and sausage?  How about some soup?  I think my grandma believed everyone was hungry all of the time and that the key to happiness was through your belly.  You know what?  I loved it!  I loved going to her house to sit and have a cup of coffee (with grounds in it of course!) and something to eat.  I loved catching up with her that way.  Because it made her happy.

Food makes me happy.  Coffee makes me happy.  I have tried over the past year to eat better...and I do.  I really do.  But that doesn't mean I don't have a piece of chocolate (have a mentioned I LOVE CHOCOLATE!) or a cookie.  I do.  But I also eat healthier.  I am not a health nut.  I applaud those who are.  I'd love to learn from them.  I don't think I could go through life without sweets.  I definitely have a sweet tooth.

Getting back to eating too much, I have been doing that lately and I need to be better.  So I'll check in here every now and then and let you know how I am doing.  I am going to try to drink more water to curb the growling of my stomach.  I am also going to try to do a chore every time I think I am hungry (unless it is meal time).  What do you think of that?  I hope it works, but my love for food might win out.  We'll see!  If you have any suggestions, let me know.  I'd love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment