My favorite running pic!

My favorite running pic!
The Buffalo Creek Half

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not just 1 half, but 2!

Well, today I did something that might just be crazy.  I registered for a second half marathon.  What's crazy about that?  I haven't even run my first one yet.  HA!  Do you believe that?

Some friends of mine convinced me to register for a half marathon to be held on March 31st.  I had mentioned it in my blog this week, but hadn't committed until today.  I had already registered for the Pittsburgh half which is on May 6th.  The Pittsburgh half was going to be my first.  Well, I just cut my training time by 5 weeks.  I better get my butt in gear I tell you!

There is no turning back once you register.  That is, unless you just want to throw money away.  Which I can't imagine anyone would want to do.  Registering for a race gives you the drive to go out there and get it, especially on those days you just don't want to.  It commits you to train.  Because you don't want to go out there and not be ready.  At least I don't!

There are 2 really good things about this race I just registered for.  Your registration fee includes a pair of Asics shorts and socks!  Woo-hoo!  How cool is that?  The other good thing is that my friends that helped me decide to do it, will also be running. They are all faster than me.  Why is that good?  Well, because I'll have my own cheering section at the end of my very first half!  And what can be better than that...

No comments:

Post a Comment